Building the framework
A key OCEAN objective is to provide an Open Cloud Interoperability Framework. This will be done by mapping the projects outcomes to the OCEAN Open Cloud reference architecture and open cloud standards.
Moreover, an open cloud roadmap will identify R&D topics to be addressed for further open cloud stack development. The project will investigate a possibility to perform this work in close contact with ETSI and even as a contribution to ETSI’s undergoing works.
The following standards will be considered :
- OCCI: Open Cloud Computing Interface (OGF)
- CDMI: Cloud Data Management Interface (SNIA)
- CIMI: Common Information Model (DMTF)
- IEEE WGs on cloud portability and Intercloud interoperability
- Draft Guide for Cloud Portability and Interoperability Profiles ( IEEE P2301)
- Draft Standard for Intercloud Interoperability and Federation (IEEE P2302)
- Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA)
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS)
- portability of cloud applications and the IT services that comprise them.
- Joint ISO IEC / ITU-T work on reference architecture and vocabulary